Come Hill and High Water
"Mountaineers, trekkers and explorers young and old will love this fascinating book charting Tom Dutton's memorable adventures, with a foreword by Alan Titchmarsh MBE.
The leader doesn't fall. This was the maxim when Tom Dutton began a lifetime of climbing as a boy armed, as he was then, with little more than a hemp rope of doubtful strength, a pair of nailed boots, and a pair of gym shoes. 70 years later the details may have changed, but his love for the hills and mountains, rivers and seas remains undiminished. Come to Hill and High Water charts one man's lifelong passion for climbing and sailing, taking us on a journey of exploration and adventure, of drama and discovery, and of firm friendships.
Qualified as both lawyer and chemist, Tom Dutton started climbing as a schoolboy but turned to fish as his family responsibilities increased. Shortly before he retired, Tom started climbing again and was still active on Welsh rock and the less demanding Alpine peaks into his early eighties. In his spare time, he still manages to fit in a lot of gentle hills walking, is a keen amateur violinist and enjoys writing limericks. This is his fifth book."
|UK Mainland Delivery Estimates|
(approx 3-4 working days)
(next working day - order by 2.30pm)
|Lighter orders up to approx 2kg||
FREE over £15
Heavier orders over 2kg
FREE over £15
We do not charge any more for delivery to Scottish Highlands or other rural/remote mainland addresses but please allow an extra couple of days for delivery.
|Deliveries to Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands and BFPO addresses are all possible – a subsidised delivery charge will be shown at checkout. We will continue to work hard to find more cost-effective delivery options for all our non-mainland customers.|
• Smaller, light orders normally shipped 'Royal Mail 24' within the UK
• Larger, heavy orders shipped by DPD couriers on UK mainland
• Orders to customers in Northern Ireland, on Scottish islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands or with a BFPO address are normally shipped by 'Royal Mail 24' or by DPD, depending on total weight and value
• Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £15
• Express Shipping option available at checkout
• Orders to customers outside the UK are normally shipped Air Mail or by DPD / Interlink to most mainland European addresses
• Air Mail restrictions mean items measuring over 10" / 25cm, weighing over 1.75kg, aerosols, flammable products, marzipan and some other items cannot be shipped by Air Mail
• please refer to our Delivery & Returns page for full details